4 hours in total
Pick up at your hotel
What To Expect
The Batu Caves are an essential day out if you are lucky enough to be visiting Kuala Lumpur. This tour will take you around these caves, and you will also get to do some sightseeing on the side!
The Batu Caves are incredibly intricate limestone caves that have been adapted into a Hindu place of worship, with marvelous statues and sculptures scattered around them. Your guide will take you to explore the caves and the temples that surround them. Be prepared for a little walk, as some of the caves are at the top of a 272 steps staircase. At the bottom of these stairs is the world's largest statue standing at an impressive 42.7m, which offers a dramatic backdrop for your photos.
If you aren't afraid of the dark, your guide can take you around the 'Dark Cave', where you will explore the wildlife of these mysterious caves with a head torch. Outside the caves you will also see a lot of monkeys, so watch your belongings carefully.
Closer to the city centre is the King Palace, or Istana Negara, which your guide will take you to see on your return from the Batu Caves. From here you can see the Islamic architecture with eye-catching large golden domes. The Old Railway Station is another architectural delight, but this building shows off European Architecture from the British colonial era. Your guide will tell you all about the history of this building and the British colonial era.
There is another history lesson to be had at the National Monument, situated near the Malaysian Houses of Parliament. Here you will learn about how Malaysia gained independence, and this monument was built in memory of the people who gave their lives to make it possible.
Kuala Lumpur city gallery is a small gallery where you can learn about the city's history, founders, the historical buildings, and also about the future of Kuala Lumpur and the direction the city is going in. The place is open to visitors at 10RM/person (not included). Be sure to ask your guides lots of questions to get the most out of your visit, and they will be happy to answer.
Along the way of your tour, you will also get to do some sightseeing of the big landmarks in Kuala Lumpur, including the Petronas Twin Towers, Lake Garden, and Independence Square.
- Batu Caves (Visit Stop)
- King Palace (Visit Stop)
- House of Parliament (Drive Pass)
- Lake Garden (Drive Pass)
- National Mosque (Photo Stop)
- National Monument (Photo Stop)
- Old Railway Station (Photo Stop)
- Independence Square (Photo Stop): Moorish Building, Cricket Club, Cricket fields, and St. Mary Anglican Church
- Petronas Twin Towers (Photo Stop)
- Kuala Lumpur Gallery (Photo Stop). Entrance fee 10RM/person.
- Handicrafts and Batik Centre (Optional Visit)
- Bonus visit to the Beryl's Chocolate Kingdom outlet (Optional Visit)
- Please inform the driver guide if you wish to opt for the Optional Visit.
- Dress Code for Batu Caves: it is advisable to wear T-shirt or shirt with sleeves. Shorts, pants, or skirts must be below knee level.
- Petronas Twin Towers is closed on every Monday.
- Pick up and drop off are free for locations within Kuala Lumpur/Petaling Jaya/Damansara areas ONLY. Other areas will be charged additional fees.
- Private car and driver
- Pickup and drop-off from hotels within Kuala Lumpur, Petaling Jaya, and Damansara areas
What's not included?
- Entrance fees
Plan your trip
- Customize the itinerary to suit your preference
- Request now, pay later
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.