13 hours in total
Food, transport included
Pick up from your hotel
What To Expect
Our Grampians National Park day trip from Melbourne will take you to discover the majestic waterfalls, spectacular rock formations, and panoramic mountain views that the Victoria region has to offer. You will feel as though you have stepped back in time as you marvel at the ancient landscape with rugged mountain ranges and spectacular sandstone ridges. With an experienced guide leading you through this incredible scenery, you will not only get to see the native species in their wildlife but also gain real insights into the rich culture and history of the region.
Departing Melbourne at around 07:30 AM, we will pass through the Western Plains of Victoria on our way to historic Ballarat, which has boomed in the 1850's with the widespread discovery of gold in the district. Your local guide will share some historical facts about this area as we enjoy some morning tea here at the site of the infamous Eureka Rebellion. Continue on our drive through the picturesque western volcanic plains, you will get to see the town of Moyston, the birthplace of Australian Rules Football.
Once arriving at the foot of the Grampians Ranges or Gariwerd National Park, head to Brambuk Aboriginal Cultural Centre, where you can explore and see first hand the creation stories that make up the lore of this diverse landscape. Venture around the cultural center to spot wallabies, emus and maybe even echidnas in the bush. Come away with a deeper understanding of the significance of Gariwerd to the indigenous people.
Next, make your way into the picturesque town of Halls Gap, located right in the heart of the Grampians National Park to have our lunch. Keep your eye open for the local kangaroos and abundant birdlife that can be seen in the main street!
After lunch, keep moving to the Wonderland Turntable for a short hike to the Grand Canyon. Marvel at the towering rock walls, crisscrossed with layering and fault lines, showcasing the area's unique geology. Stunning panoramas await at Reeds Lookout, which overlooks the sweeping Stringybark Forest, Lake Wartook and out over the Victoria Valley.
We then enjoy a hike along the shady path through the gum trees and fascinating rock formations out to The Balconies, here you will see the famous 'Jaws of Death' with majestic views and scenery, featured in the Japanese Animation 'Princess Mononoke'.
Our next stop is MacKenzie Falls. No trip to the Grampians would be complete without a visit to these majestic falls. Marvel as water cascades down over the rocks, set in a gorge surrounded by the eucalyptus forest. Walk the Bluff trail along the top of the cliffs to the panoramic views of the falls or journey down the stairs to the base of the steep gorge and gaze up at this truly impressive waterfall.
Our next port of call is the Boroka Lookout. Boroka provides the incredible scenery with panoramic views of the surrounding region and to the town of Halls Gap, Lake Bellfield and beyond. We then make our way back into Halls Gap for a final opportunity to spot some of the region's wild kangaroos before leaving the Grampians.
A dinner stop is made on the return journey to Melbourne. After dinner, spend your time relaxing on the bus with our complimentary onboard Wi-Fi, before catching a stunning view of the illuminated city as we complete the return journey. With a chance to immerse yourself in the majestic nature and Aussie beautiful wildlife, you'll remember this day as a true highlight of your Australian holiday with Inspitrip.
- 07:00 AM - 08:00: Pick up from your hotel in central Melbourne. Meet your local guide and start your day explore the amazing natural landscapes of Grampians National Park.
- Stop at the Eureka Stockade Memorial and Ballarat to enjoy a morning tea break and listen to the story of the infamous Eureka Rebellion.
- Pass through the town of Moyston, the birthplace of Australian Rules Football.
- Arrive at the foot of the Grampians Range to enjoy the amazing scenery of Silverband Falls.
- Explore the Grampians township of Halls Gap.
- Visit Brambuk Aboriginal Culture Center.
- Take a short hike from the Wonderland Turntable into the spectacular Grand Canyon.
- Experience the magnificent MacKenzie Falls.
- Enjoy spectacular panoramic views from Reeds Lookout.
- Amazing views over the mountain range from Boroka Lookout.
- Guaranteed wild animal sightings.
- 08:30 PM: Transfer back to Melbourne and conclude the tour at your hotel.
- This activity is NOT available on Thursday.
- Please wear appropriate clothing for all weather conditions and comfortable walking shoes. Bring your own sunscreen, bottled water, clean towels, insect repellent, etc.
- Lunch with diet requirements such as vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free can be arranged with advance notice.
- The itinerary is subject to change due to weather or traffic conditions.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in central Melbourne
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- Informative tour commentary
- Air-conditioned bus
- National Park entrance fees
- Morning tea
What's not included
- Personal expenses
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.