5 hours in total
Offered in English
Pick up at a meet-up location
What To Expect
No trip to Kyoto is complete without a trip to the old preserved district of Gion, and it's no surprise why it's such a popular place to visit. It is one of only a few places in the world where you can see a real geisha walking along the beautiful alleyways on the way to an appointment too. Join our Gion night walking tour and we can tell you all about the mysterious lives of the geisha as we walk along the cobbled streets all lit up in the lantern light.
Along the way, we make a visit to a Zen Buddhist temple and a Shinto shrine and give you insights as to how these two faiths have had an impact on shaping the culture and lives of the Japanese people. Learn about the customs and culture of Japan and be entertained by stories both old and new giving context to what you see as we explore this special part of Kyoto at absolutely the best time to see it.
We also explore the Higashiyama district with the special treat being the view of the Yasaka pagoda with the dark blue sky in the background. Then a visit to the famous Yasaka Shrine and we then take you to see the more modern side of this entertainment district which is still going strong after centuries of being the place to be seen in Kyoto. We pass by all the nightclubs and exclusive bars on the way back to the city center and can tell you a bit more about the contemporary lives of the Japanese people when it comes to going out and having fun.
- 07:00 pm: Pick up from a meeting point in central Kyoto. Exact meeting location will be confirmed after reservation.
- Meet your local guide and start your night walking tour exploring the best of Gion district.
- Visit a Zen Buddhist temple and a Shinto shrine, which will give you insights into the importance of these two faiths on the lives and culture of Japanese people.
- Explore the Higashiyama district.
- Visit the famous Yasaka Shrine and admire the beautiful dark blue sky in the background.
- Pass by the nightclubs and exclusive Japanese snack bars on the way back to the city center.
- 11:00 pm: Transfer back to the meeting point and conclude the tour.
- Small group tours are available from Tuesdays to Saturdays.
- Private tours are available on Fridays only.
- Pick-up and drop-off at a designated meeting point in Kyoto
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
What's not included
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
- Food and drinks
Plan your trip
Still have question?
My question is not listed here. What should I do?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.