14 hours in total
Lunch, transport included
Pick up at your hotel in central Hong Kong
What To Expect
For your Guangzhou full-day excursion, you will be picked up from your hotel at around 6:30 am and taken to the pier for the 50 minutes journey by catamaran and coach to Shekou – The first Special Economic Zone in China. Shekou Industrial Zone is located on the east coast of the Pearl River estuary, west of Shenzhen city and 20 nautical miles from Hong Kong by sea.
Stop by a local kindergarten (except Saturday, Sunday and school holidays) and have some time playing with the kids. They're really cute and energetic, which will definitely make your trip more enjoyable. Next, visit a Safari Park to see enchanting Chinese pandas. If time permits, you will also pass through a local market to see and experience the daily life of local community.
You will also get an exciting opportunity to visit the Exhibition Hall in Shekou where you can see a display of the Qin Dynasty Terracotta Warriors and horses. The incredible Warriors are a form of funerary art made for the First Emperor of the Qin Dynasty and were discovered in Xian City, Shaanxi Province in 1974. The Army's purpose was to help Qin rule another empire in the afterlife.
The display also consists of bronze wares – more than 2000 years old – with porcelain and pottery from the Tang Dynasty, unearthed in Xian, as well as wall paintings.
Then proceed to Guangzhou via the express highway. Guangzhou was formerly known as Canton. It is the capital of Guangdong Province and the southern gateway to China. The city has a 2000-year-old history and, with a population of 5 million, and is one of the largest cities in South China. It was the first Chinese city to undertake international trade and still remains the center of the political, economic and cultural activities in South China.
After a delicious lunch at a local Chinese restaurant, you can enjoy a city tour of Guangzhou. The highlights include the Six Banyan Tree Temple and the Memorial Hall of Dr. Sun Yat Sen, an octagonal building designed in a palatial style.
In the evening you will depart for Hong Kong by express train to Kowloon Station and will be dropped back at your hotel sometime around 9:00 pm.
- Pick up at your hotel at around 6:30 am.
- Visit a local kindergarten (except Saturday, Sunday and school holidays)
- Get an up-close interaction with adorable Chinese pandas at Safari Park.
- Visit the Exhibition Hall in Shekou where you can see a display of the Qin Dynasty Terracotta Warriors and horses.
- Proceed to Guangzhou via the express highway. Guangzhou was formerly known as Canton.
- Lunch at a local Chinese restaurant.
- Enjoy a city tour of Guangzhou. Highlights include The Six Banyan Tree Temple and the Memorial Hall of Dr. Sun Yat Sen, an octagonal building designed in a palatial style.
- At the end of the journey, your local guide with take you back to your hotel. The tour ends at around 9 p.m.
- The tour operates daily except Saturdays and Sundays.
- Please provide your hotel details in order to arrange your pick up. If you do not have this information at the time of booking, please contact the local guide at least 48 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details.
- Bring along your passport during the tour. Please provide full passport details (eg. full name as per passport, gender, date of birth, nationality and passport number) in advance for group visa arrangements while making your booking.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in central Hong Kong
- Air-conditioned coach
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Catamaran ride from Hong Kong to Shekou
- Lunch (Chinese cuisine)
- Entrance fees
What's not included
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
- Other personal expenses
Plan your trip
- Join a small group of maximum 12 people
- Instant confirmation
- Join group message after payment
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice
Still have question?
Does the Small Group option still operate if there are less than the maximum number of people signed up?
My question is not listed here. What should I do?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximize your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.