7 hours in total
Lunch, transport included
Pick up at your hotel
What To Expect
The whitewater kayaking trip starts in the morning with transferring to the Nam Ou River, approximately 40km from Luang Prabang city.
Next, we will introduce about padding and the basics of kayaking and we start kayaking on Ou River near Khmu village. We will encounter up to 5 MEDIUM rapids. Along the way, make a visit to some local villages with a stop for picnic lunch on the white sandbank with the beautiful scenery.
After a relaxing break and swim in the afternoon is spent on padding in a comer section of Nam Ou. There is plenty of time to watch the villagers fishing and harvesting river weed in along the Nam Ou.
The trip ends near the Nam Ou bridge road number 13 near the village and we will return to Luang Prabang.
- 09:00 am: Pick up from your hotel in Luang Prabang. Meet your local guide and start transferring to Nam Ou river.
- Kayak on Nam Ou river.
- Have a picnic lunch on the river bank.
- Kayak downstream.
- 04:00 pm: Return to the city, transfer back to your hotel and conclude the tour.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in Luang Prabang
- Air-conditioned car
- Kayak rental
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Bottled water
- All entrance fees
What's not included
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
- Other food and drinks
Plan your trip
- Instant confirmation
- Join group message after payment
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.