8 hours in total
Dinner, transport included
Pick up at a meeting point
What To Expect
From the historic Lamphun train station, you will bike the quiet streets of the small city, which was once the capital of an ancient Mon Kingdom, to the famous Wat Phra That Hariphunchai.
From Wat Phra That Hariphunchai, you start cycling across the countryside biking through villages, along canals and tree lined lanes. After enjoying a simple Thai lunch in a village, you will bike through paddy fields until we come upon the famous wood carving village of Baan Tawai.
Then we meander on through country lanes and the foothills of Doi Suthep to a Beekeeping Center. After biking up and down a few hills on forested lanes, we arrive at the forest temple of Wat Umong before returning to the city of Chiang Mai.
- Pick up at a meeting point at 8:15 pm. Exact time and location will be confirmed after reservation.
- Take a 30-minute train to the southern part of Chiang MaiMai, Lamphun.
- Bike from Lamphun railway station through quiet streets and lanes, past the ancient city wall to the sacred Temple of Phra That Hariphunchai.
- Cycle across the countryside and wander through fruit orchards and along canals.
- Have lunch in a small village on the banks of the Ping River.
- Bike across the Ping River and on through rice paddies arriving at the woodcarving village of Ban Tawai.
- Bike to the Hang Dong District Market and enjoy some cold drinks and local Thai snacks.
- Bike across the foothills of Doi Suthep and stop at an ancient forest shrine of one of the founding kings of Chiang Mai.
- Visit the renowned forest temple and meditation center of Wat Umong.
- Bike back to the city in the late afternoon.
- This bike tour is an easy ride on back roads and country lanes. While the ride is mostly flat, there is a short section with a few rolling hills.
The tropical sun can be quite fierce, so we recommend you use some sun block or, if you prefer a natural option, sun sleeves for your arms and Buff headwear for your neck.
Men and women need to cover their shoulders to enter temples and mosques. Women need to cover their knees as well, so If you like to wear shorts when riding, we recommend bringing a sarong to wear for entering a temple or mosque.
- Pick-up and drop-off at a meeting point in Chiang Mai downtown
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- Top quality, well-maintained Merida mountain bikes with a water bottle and helmet are provided
- Simple Thai lunch
- Bottled water
What's not included
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
- Other personal expenses
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.