6 hours in total
Lunch, transport included
Pick up at a meeting point
What To Expect
This bike tour is just the one for the person who wants to have a late start to the day then get out for some exercise in the afternoon. Starting from the historic old city of Chiang Mai, cycle out to the forested foothills of Doi Suthep.
Further on, pedal along some of Chiang Mai's newest, slickest bike lanes to bike a forest-covered bicycle trail up to the Teung Tao Creek Reservoir.
After a spin around the lake, get off the bike to sit down for some shoreside lunch and perhaps a swim if you brought your suit. On the way back cycle through rice paddies and vegetable gardens on small back lanes and alleys to experience a bit of the non-touristy part of Chiang Mai. The bicycle tour ends where it began at the Grasshopper Shop in Chiang Mai.
What's the riding like?
Cycling through Chiang Mai, the terrain is flat, however, once the bike tour leaves the city there are some moderate hill climbs, on country roads and bike paths. On the return to the city, we cycle through village lanes and alleyways.
The tropical sun can be quite fierce, so we recommend you use some sunblock or if you prefer a natural option, sun sleeves for your arms and buff headwear for your neck.
Don't forget to bring a bathing suit if you wish to swim at Tueng Tao Creek as well!
- 9:45 am: Pick up at a designated meeting point. Exact time and location will be confirmed after reservation.
- 10:00 am: The bike tour departs
- Cycle west through the city of Chiang Mai and Chiang Mai University towards Doi Suthep eventually biking along wooded lanes at the foot of Doi Suthep.
- Visit Huay Tueng Tao Creek Reservoir and have a lakeside lunch.
- Cycle east to the banks of the Ping River through rice fields and vegetable gardens while making your way back to the old city of Chiang Mai, cycling on back lanes and alleyways.
- The bike tour ends in the late afternoon. Enjoy a cold drink with your local guide before saying farewell.
- Pick-up and drop-off at a meeting point in Chiang Mai downtown
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Top quality, well-maintained Merida mountain bikes with lights, a water bottle and helmet provided.
- A delicious local lunch, snacks, fruit, and clean water
What's not included
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
- Other personal expenses
Plan your trip
Still have question?
Does the Small Group option still operate if there are less than the maximum number of people signed up?
My question is not listed here. What should I do?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.