6 hours in total
Transport, lunch included
Pick up at a meeting point in Hoi An
What To Expect
This combined bike and kayak tour will let you not only explore the countryside of Hoi An and meet the locals but also see the river life of the area. Just a short cycle through Hoi An old town, and you will find yourself in the rural Hoi An where many artisans are still living the same life their ancestors would have hundreds of years ago.
Throughout our bike tour, we will take several stops, which include some hands-on fun at local workshops, rice fields, and the shipyard.
After a fulfilling morning exploring on the bikes, we will enjoy a delicious lunch break at a local house to get properly refueled. Returning to the bikes, we will cycle a little further along the riverside then board kayaks to take in the sights from water level.
Paddling through the water at a gentle pace, we will come by the interesting sights of Hoi An that you can only fully enjoy from the water, which includes the little fishing hamlets, a great spot to view fishermen returning with a successful day's catch.
- 8 am: Start the tour from the Grasshopper shop located up a small alleyway off Hai Ba Trung street
- Explore the hidden passageways and winding alleyways of Hoi An, stopping to photograph the iconic Japanese bridge
- Visit a local family making Banh Dap using the traditional method
- Continue riding to one of Hoi An's most beautiful villages, stopping at a family home to learn about the tradition of family chapels.
- Visit traditional boat building and fishing ports
- Stop at a traditional mat weaving shop and a family distillery where rice wine has been produced in the same manner for generations
- Enjoy traditional lunch at a local house
- Cycle along the riverside and board the kayaks
- Kayak on Thu Bon river
- Cycle to Cam Thank area of Hoi An, from where a minivan will bring you back to the hotel by 2:30 pm
- Discounts for children aged 15 and under with kid bikes available, please contact us
- Dress in comfortable clothes for biking with proper footwear
- Flip-flops and loose sandals not advised
- Sunscreen and hats are recommended
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- English-speaking, professional cycle and tour guides
- Top quality merida & GT bikes
- Bike sizes for all ages, including kids
- Helmets meeting international standards
- Coffee or tea and fresh fruit at snack stop
- Cold water in refillable bottles all tour
- All entrance fees where applicable
What's not included
- Food or drinks not part of the itinerary
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.