8 hours in total
Water, transport included
Pick up at your hotel
What To Expect
Visit interesting temples outside Angkor Thom including the intricately carved and well-preserved Banteay Srei. The detailed reliefs on this smaller sandstone structure are regarded as the finest, most skillfully crafted in Cambodia. Banteay Srei has only been accessible since the late 1990s when the Khmer Rouge left the area.
- Departing your hotel at 08:00 am.
- First stop at Pre Rup Hindu temple built as the state temple of Khmer king Rajendravarman and dedicated in 961 or early 962. It is a temple mountain of combined brick, laterite and sandstone construction.
- Continue a drive for the intricately carved and well-preserved Banteay Srei. The detailed reliefs on this smaller sandstone structure are regarded as the finest, most skillfully crafted in Cambodia. Banteay Srei has only been accessible since the late 1990s when the Khmer Rouge left the area.
- We end our tour at Angkor with lunch at the temple (own expense), and a short rest.
- Continue the afternoon by moving on to Preah Khan temple, a ruined but highly atmospheric mélange of tree roots and crumbling stone structures. Construction of this site was commissioned by the great 'temple builder' Jayavarman VII (in honor of his father) and a visit to this smaller site makes for an interesting contrast with the more imposing Angkor Wat. Preah Khan is currently being restored by the World Monument Fund and in places is in remarkably good condition.
- Late afternoon return to town after a memorable day of exploration.
- Handicrafts and Batik Centre (optional visit).
- Bonus visit to the Beryl's Chocolate Kingdom outlet (optional visit).
- Dress code is casual but shoulders and knees must be covered inside temples
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- One day temples entrance fee is usd37
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Visit the most skillfully crafted of Banteay Srei
- Experienced English speaking tour guide
- Air-conditioned transports
- Mineral water
- Pickup and drop off from hotel
What's not included
- Temples entrance fee
Plan your trip
- Join group message after payment
- Instant confirmation
- Entrance fee of 37 USD is not included
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option.You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.