9 hours in total
Lunch, transport included
Offered in English
What To Expect
This tour visits four of popular sightseeing spots in Tokyo: Tokyo Tower, Imperial Palace Plaza, Senso-ji Temple in Asakusa, and a Sumida River cruise, as well as a traditional Japanese tea ceremony. First, you will visit Tokyo Tower, 333-meter self-supporting tower. If it's clear day, you can enjoy the view of Ginza, Tokyo Bay and even Mt.Fuji from observation deck.
Then you will experience cha-no-yu, the traditional Japanese tea ceremony in a quiet little teahouse located in the midst of an estate enchanted with 100-year-old trees and wild birds. You also enjoy a rare glimpse at one of Japan's greatest collection of bonsai trees. The magnificent Happo-en garden was once part of a daimyo's mansion during the Edo period (1603-1867).
Imperial Palace Nijubashi Bridge used to be a castle that housed generations of Tokugawa shoguns, the administrators of the Tokugawa government in Edo, but with the Meiji Restoration it became the residence and palace of the Imperial Family. Surrounded by a moat and an abundant variety of trees, it is like a world apart situated right in the middle of Tokyo.
Then a 40-minute boat trip will bring you a mix of Tokyo's continual redevelopment combined with the atmosphere of the good old days of Edo. Passing under 12 bridges, each with its own distinctive color and shape is a great chance for you to enjoy the ever-changing face of the Tokyo landscape at your leisure.
Lastly, you visit Nakamise Street, a shopping arcade running from Kaminarimon Gate to the Buddhist temple Senso-ji lined with around 90 shops. Its history goes back to the latter half of the 17th century, and its rows of shops selling uniquely Japanese souvenirs such as fans and kimonos as well as traditional foods such as rice crackers offer a truly grand spectacle.
- 9:00 am: Meet up at Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
- Visit Tokyo Tower
- Experience Japanese tea ceremony
- Have Japanese-style barbecue lunch on a stone grill created from molten lava from none other than Mount Fuji (vegetarian menu available)
- Visit Imperial Palace Nijubashi Bridge
- Drive through Ginza
- Take on Sumida River Cruise
- Visit Asakusa and Nakamise Street
- 17:30 pm: Tour ends at Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
- If the Japanese tea experience cannot be offered on a particular day, the tour will visit the Meiji-jingu shrine instead
- The Sumida River cruise may be canceled without notice depending on river conditions, in which case the guide will announce the schedule change
- Lunch meal location is subject to change depending on restaurant business hours.
- Schedule is subject to change
- English-speaking local guide
- Air-conditioned transport
What's not included
- Pick-up and drop-off service from your hotel
- Other personal expenses
Plan your trip
- Instant confirmation
- Join group message after payment
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspirit. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.