2 hours in total
Admission fee included
Pick up at a meet-up point
What To Expect
Take the road less travelled with guides who are experts of the city. The brainchild of one military historian and several precocious enfants terribles of Singapore's heritage-education scene, be thoroughly entertained as you visit cultural and historical enclaves, while affable researcher-guides, through skillful storytelling and the use of archival images, regale you with juicy insights to local society and traditions.
“The sea of bitterness has no bounds; repent and you will reach the shore.” The consequences of doing good or evil unfold not just in life, but after death… or so believed Aw Boon Haw – millionaire philanthropist, marketing extraordinaire and brainchild behind the famed ointment Tiger Balm. No wonder his grandest creation, the 80-year-old Tiger Balm Garden (known today as Haw Par Villa), is replete with sculptures on death and the afterlife. Now, see the park in a new light – after dark, if you dare! Learn how death stalked the Aw family, and what Boon Haw did to confront his mortality. Get a sneak preview of the upcoming “Hell's Museum”, with perspectives of the afterlife across various religions. Step into the infamous 10 Courts of Hell to see what will get you dismembered and drowned in a pool of blood. And we'll show you how some Singaporeans communicate with the afterlife. We promise you'll never see dying – and living – in the same way again. Hell no! Never again.
- 06:00 pm: Pick up from Haw Par Villa MRT Station. Meet your local guide and start your adventurous exploration at Haw Par Villa.
- 06:15: Check-in at entrance gate.
- Experience Haw Par Villa after dark – if you dare!
- Go through the famous 10 Courts of Hell – see divine judgment at its rawest.
- Come face to face with the King of Ghosts – find out how he got his title.
- Get a sneak preview of the upcoming “Hell's Museum”.
- Visit the Aw family memorials – monuments to mortality and tragedy.
- Pick-up and drop-off at MRT station
- Professional English-speaking guide
What's not included
- Other personal expenses
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
- Other food and drinks
Plan your trip
- Instant confirmation
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximize your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.