4 hours in total
Pick up and drop off at meet-up location
What To Expect
Mumbai is a buzzing metropolis and irresistible city that brings new people under its spell on a daily basis. A place this big with so much going on can be intimidating, even for the most experienced traveller, so this Mumbai city tour was designed to help smooth out some of the must know practicalities of navigating your way around. At the same time, we'll give you the local low down on the stories of the city and what it's like to live in Mumbai.
Your Mumbai tour gets off to an impressive start outside the Chatrapati Shivaji Terminus, a bustling railway station that is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and a brilliant specimen of Victorian Gothic architecture.
A short local taxi ride through vintage Mumbai reveals beautiful Indo-Victorian buildings and monuments that serve as a throwback to an era of dapper English Sahibs and elegant Memsahibs. The impressive Gateway of India, a monument built for a King, stands in its full glory against the blue sea dotted with colourful fishing boats, yachts, and the occasional cargo ship.
From the Gateway, our Mumbai city tour continues with a breezy ride through Mumbai's iconic Marine Drive that takes us to the base of Hindu religious fervour. Built atop a hillock is the 200-year-old Shiva temple, Babulnath. Devout Hindus can be seen carrying milk and water to pour over the Linga, the creative symbol that denotes Lord Shiva.
Underlining that fact that India is a pot pourri of religions, a short ride from Babulnath takes us to the heart of Muslim piety, Haji Ali. One of its kind, this 14th-century mosque was built 500 yards into the Arabian Sea.
Splashes of color and smells that are distinct to Mumbai greet you when you reach the unique Dhobi Ghat. The sight, sound, and smell of multitude of clothes being washed together have never been so appealing as at this launderer's nook.
- 9:00 am: Pick you up outside the entrance of McDonald's Family Restaurant opposite Chatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Mahendra Chambers, Fort Mumbai 400 001.
- Learn how to catch local taxies and buses
- Visit historical architectures
- Find out how the city does its laundry
- 1:00 pm: Drop you off at Mahalakshmi Railway station
- Dress standard: Loose cotton clothing is the best option for the weather in Mumbai.
- Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- English-speaking tour guide
What's not included
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fees
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximize your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.