7 hours in total
Food, transport included
Pick up from your hotel
Route 1: Hanoi - Co Loa Ancient Citadel - Hanoi
- 07:30 AM: Pick up from your hotel in the Old Quarter. Meet your local guide and start your day tour exploring Hanoi countryside by bike.
- Pedal from your hotel to the other side of the Red River. Cycle along the Long Bien bridge, the first steel bridge spanning the Red River in Hanoi, built by the French and named after Paul Doumer (Governor General of French Indochina).
- Continue cycling to Duong River, crossing the countryside of Red River Delta, where you can take nice photos and witness the rural daily activities on the farm.
- Take a local boat crossing the Duong River to get to the rural area where people live and farm.
- Arrive at Co Loa Ancient Citadel around noon, you will learn about the long history and cultural values of this old fortress.
- Enjoy traditional Vietnamese lunch at a local restaurant. Have your free time mingling with the locals before getting back to the city.
- 03:00 PM: Ride back to your hotel and conclude the tour.
Route 2: Hanoi - But Thap Pagoda - Dong Ho folk painting village - Hanoi
- 07:30 AM: Pick up from your hotel in the Old Quarter. Meet your local guide and transfer by car out of the center of Hanoi to the dike of the Duong River.
- Ride along the Duong River, you'll get to enjoy the peaceful countryside while meandering through the rice paddies and cornfields dotted with rural villages, bamboo trees, and old pagodas.
- Arrive at But Thap Pagoda, one of the oldest pagodas in the north of Vietnam and is recognized as one of the country's most important cultural relics.
- Enjoy traditional Vietnamese lunch at a local restaurant or local family where you can learn more about the life of local people in the rural area.
- Continue biking to Dong Ho village, where the locals practice a unique form of folk woodcut painting using natural materials.
- Meet a master craftsman to learn how to make a wooden block painting.
- Explore the village by bike and discover villagers making other paper crafts.
- 03:00 PM: Transfer back to Hanoi by car, drop off at your hotel and conclude the tour.
- Please choose between the two routes.
- Available with a group of minimum 2 people.
- A group with more than 10 people please contact us in advance.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in the Old Quarter
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Private air-conditioned car for route 2
- Bicycle with helmet
- Ferry or boat transfer
- Mineral water
- Entrance fees
What's not included
- Personal expenses
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximize your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.