5 hours in total
Lunch, transport included
Pick up at your hotel
What To Expect
The tunnels of Củ Chi are an immense network of connecting underground tunnels located in the Củ Chi district of Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnam, and are part of a much larger network of tunnels that underlie much of the country. The Củ Chi tunnels were the location of several military campaigns during the Vietnam War and were the Viet Cong's base of operations for the Tết Offensive in 1968.
The tunnels were used by Viet Cong guerrillas as hiding spots during combat, as well as serving as communication and supply routes, hospitals, food and weapon caches and living quarters for numerous guerrilla fighters. The role of the tunnel systems should not be underestimated in its importance to the Viet Cong in resisting American operations and protracting the war, eventually culminating in an American withdrawal.
- Pick up from your hotel in D1. Meet your local guide, transfer to Tan Phu village and start your half-day exploring this famous historical site by bike.
- Cycling through rubber plantations, see the local life in the rural areas.
- Visit local families that have been making rice paper and wine for decades.
- Spend time watching documentary films about the war in 1967 before entering the historical battle sites.
- Explore the narrow tunnels, which are 3m underground to gain real insights into the life of veterans and locals during wartime.
- Experience real machine gun in the shooting range.
- Enjoy Viet Cong tapioca food and pandan tea before heading back to the bus to HCMC.
- Transfer back to your hotel and conclude the tour.
- The tour includes approximately 40 km cycling.
- Please bring your hats, sunscreen or other essential items to prevent sun burn or heatstroke.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in D1
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- Air-conditioned bus
- Biking gears (helmet, bike, tool kit, water cage, etc.)
- Bottled water & soft drink
- Snack & fresh fruit
- Entrance fees
What's not included
- Personal expenses
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.