12 hours in total
Lunch, transport included
Pick up at your accommodation
What To Expect
Kanchanaburi is a Southern Thai gem that has recently become a popular tourist attraction for its historical background and beautiful waterfalls. If you are a history buff or wondering if there's a day trip from Bangkok that's not as touristy as Ayutthaya, Kanchanaburi is your perfect choice.
Kanchanaburi is near the Kwai River, which was made internationally famous by the film The Bridge Over the River Kwai. During WWII, the Japanese forced prisoners of war and Asian laborers to build the bridge, which came to be known as part of the Death Railway to Burma. Most of the workers died during the railway construction, leading to the construction of the Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, built and dedicated to these unfortunate workers. The place is beautiful and well-kept as a peaceful reminder for visitors.
To learn more about WWII in Thailand and the construction of the bridge, you can visit the Thailand-Burma Railway Centre, while the JEATH War Museum offers great insights into the life of the prisoners of war.
- Pickup from your hotel in Bangkok at 07:00
- Drive towards Kanchanaburi
- Visit Kanchanaburi War cemetery
- Visit Thailand-Burma Railway Center Museum and Exhibition
- Boat trip on the river
- Visit the bridge in the film Bridge over the River Kwai
- Train ride along the Death Railway
- Walk the Wampo viaduct
- Visit Krasae Cave
- Return to Bangkok approx. at 19:00
- Licensed English speaking tour guide
- Private transport by air-con minibus/car
- All listed activities
- Entrance fees
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.