6 hours in total
Pick up at a meet-up location
What To Expect
A fantastic chance to discover some rural charm just a short train ride away from the metropolis of Kyoto city. Discover the wonderful nature and ancient religious sites in Kurama and Kibune.
We meet in the city and take a train ride to Kibune village, a place well-known for its beautiful riverside and peaceful scenery. There is also an exquisite shrine called the Kibune Shrine, where you can see an amazing view of red lanterns along an old stairway. Here we can drink fresh water flowing from the hills and say a prayer for good relationships.
After a quick visit to the shrine, we are on to the hiking course. It's a bit of a "stairmaster" to the top and requires a moderate level of fitness but the peak can be reached within 30-40mins. We will certainly take plenty of stops to enjoy the breathtaking nature along the way, as well as some features unique to this trail.
After reaching the top of the mountain, we will be visiting Kurama Temple. This splendid temple will provide you with an amazing view of the valley below. Let's relax and enjoy the fresh air in the mountains.
As we wander down the steps from the temple, we will make our way to the little town of Kurama to enjoy a nice lunch followed by a trip to an outdoor bath! The bath, also called an 'onsen' is full of rich minerals that will recharge your body and soul. You will also witness the tranquil view of the countryside, surrounded by hills. In my opinion, this 'onsen' provides the best outdoor bathing experience in West Japan. After a nice, relaxing bath, it's time to hop on the train to get back to the city feeling refreshed and energized.
Come to take a breathtaking riverside stroll, a visit to one of Japan's most photographed shrines, a hike through nature, and a hot spring experience you will never forget! I look forward to exploring this gem in the hills of Kyoto with you!
- 10:00 pm: Pick up from a meeting point in central Kyoto. Exact meeting location will be confirmed after reservation.
- Meet your local guide and start your unforgettable day tour to Kurama village.
- Take a pleasant train ride through the mountains to the rustic villages filled with rural charm.
- Enjoy a visit to the Kibune Shrine - a place to pray for good relationships.
- Taste the fresh spring water flowing from the hills.
- Enjoy beautiful hiking routes through an ancient forest.
- Visit the famous Karuma Temple at the peak.
- Take a soak in a natural hot springs bath to rejuvenate your body and soul.
- 03:00 pm: Return to the city center and conclude the tour.
- The tour is available on Tuesdays and Fridays only.
- Please bring your own towels and other personal bathing items.
- Pick-up and drop-off at a designated meeting point in Kyoto
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Train ticket from the meeting point
- Entrance fees to the temples
- Hot spring
What's not included
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
- Lunch and drinks
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.