5 hours in total
Food, transport included
Pick up at a meetup point
What To Expect
Departs at a meeting point, with one-hour cyclo trip around the Old Quarter streets: expect to visit Hang Bac, Ma May, Hang Ma, and the other usual suspects. To get a bit more variety to ask to include a ride around Hoan Kiem Lake and over to the Opera House and past the Sofitel Metropole — that should be feasible in an hour.
Walking through the maze of bustling streets that make up Hanoi's Old Quarter, we tempt our taste buds with the famed Hanoi dishes such as, Bún Riêu Cua, Bánh Gối, Bánh Cuốn, and many more other dishes at a local eatery. Watch in awe as the skilled chefs demonstrate for you how this tasty dish is put together. Continuing into the atmospheric heart of the Old Quarter, we wander past street stalls and quiet residential lanes where you can observe local life that has changed little since Hanoi was founded over 1000 years ago.
Our next two snack stops are at outdoor barbeque stalls. We sit down with the Hanoi locals and sample various meat, vegetable and bread specialties that are flame grilled over hot coals for extra flavor. It's the time for dessert as we venture down a small alley to join in the local tradition of feasting on fresh fruit served in a cup and smothered with crushed ice and condensed milk – this specialty is one not to be missed!
Your local guide will then take you to one of Hanoi's best-kept secrets, a hidden café to taste Egg Coffee. This hard-to-find café is one of the few left in the city that still serves egg coffee, a scrumptious local delicacy that we will sample whilst admiring the hustle and bustle of the city center below. Or, if coffee is not your style, a cold beer awaits!. At the end of the street food walking tour in front of Water Puppet Theatre to watch an hour puppet show.
- Enjoy 1-hour of cyclo trip journeying through the highlights of the Old Quarter. Attractions include: Hang Bac, Ma May, Hang Ma, around Hoan Kiem lake, stop by the Opera House for photo shooting, and pass through the Legend Sofitel Metropole.
- Experience Hanoi's authentic food at the local's favorite places through a 3-hour walking tour.
- Explore one of the most unique Vietnamese cultural show at Thang Long Theater - Water puppet show.
- Pick-up and drop-off at a designated meeting point
- One-hour cyclo
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Street food tastings and drinks
- Entrance fees
What's not included
- Personal expenses
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
Plan your trip
Still have question?
Does the Small Group option still operate if there are less than the maximum number of people signed up?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximize your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.