6 hours in total
Entrance ticket, snacks, transport included
Pick up at your place
What To Expect
Imagine spending your days living in underground tunnels, only able to come out at night when the sun is down - that's what the people of Cu Chi did nearly 50 years ago during the Vietnam War. Let's explore this incredible place with a knowledgeable guide and see what it really feels like to live like a guerrilla warrior!
Did you know that during the Vietnam War, the Cu Chi Tunnels were not only used as hiding spots, but also as hospitals, kitchens, and living quarters? Located 70km from Ho Chi Minh City and stretching all the way to the Cambodian border, this 250-kilometer tunnel network played a highly important role in the Viet Cong's resistance against the American forces.
During the trip to Cu Chi Tunnels, you will have the chance to crawl through the tunnels yourself. The tunnel area that you are going to visit has been widened and thoroughly cleansed for tourists. Every day Cu Chi receives about 10,000 curious visitors from all over the world, so it's very easy to get lost in the sea of people. Let our local guide help you avoid the tourist crowds.
Above the ground, there are also plenty of interesting insights for you to explore, such as the exhibition of booby traps, weapons, and fighting strategies that were used during the war. What a fun and educational family experience!
Before the War, Cu Chi used to be a fertile land with an abundance of forests and tropical fruits all year round. Along with chemical poisons, napalms, and especially 30-ton loads of high explosive were dropped by the B-52 Bomber in January 1966, the region turned into a vast empty field, full of ashes.
Yet, the brave, local people stayed to fight for freedom. They built a fishbone underground system to hide and connect houses and villages together. On the surface, countless traps and mines were placed, making it hazardous for the Americans to come near. Curious about how the Viet Cong soldiers got around? Save that question for your local guide!
If you want to get a bit more adventurous, ask your local guide to take you to the shooting range where you can try firing genuine AK-47s and machine guns. Yes, you read that right!
The land of steel is also famous for a lot of delicious dishes. One of those is tapioca with sesame salt. Have a taste of this traditional dish and a hot cup of tea before heading back to Saigon.
This itinerary is customizable if you choose the Private Tour option
Your local guide will pick you up at your location around 7-8 a.m. in Ho Chi Minh City and begin a 1.5-hour journey to Cu Chi.
After arriving, start your adventure with various activities:
- Watch a documentary film that takes you to the past with an introduction of the Cu Chi Tunnels.
- Crawl short distances through the tunnels that were used by the guerrilla fighters during the Vietnam War. You may see a kitchen, living quarters, and a meeting room on the way. The tunnels have been enlarged so visitors can crawl through them, imagine what it must have been like before
- Learn about how different types of booby trap - the symbol of guerrilla warfare - were created and set up.
- Visit the weapons room and learn how the ingenious Viet Cong soldiers made them.
- Get adventurous and go to the shooting range to fire a real AK-47. The cost for the bullets are not included in this price (1 bullet = 60,000VND)
- Watch how Vietnamese make rice cake or enjoy tapioca, a local specialty, and a hot cup of tea with your local guide
After about 3 hours, start your journey back to Ho Chi Minh City. Say goodbye to your local guide at your drop-off location.
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum of 10 people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.
- Standard group tour: operates with a maximum of 25 people. If you are a budget traveler, this is the best option for you. Payment method is similar as the Small Group option.