10 hours in total
Transport, lunch included
Pick up and drop-off at your hotel
What To Expect
You will escape bustling Saigon with an exciting speedboat ride upriver and into the fertile countryside surrounds, then transfer to bicycles for a guided tour of rural Vietnam and the fascinating Cu Chi tunnels. This is a great way to see the real Vietnam and a part of its history. Using a luxurious speedboat to reach the Cu Chi area, we cut down on time spent in the van and allow you to see the activity along the banks of the Saigon River.
Our itinerary takes you through villages and plantations, meeting artisans and locals, before arriving at Cu Chi.
Whilst Saigon is a vibrant and exciting city, it won't be long before you will be craving some quieter, open spaces. This tour gives you that and so much more as we show you the real Vietnam, only a short distance from the largest city. Riding comfortable, impeccably maintained bikes with the guidance of a charming, well spoken local, this trip will take you through peaceful villages, to see agricultural landscapes and the daily life of the Southern Vietnamese people.
A visit to the famous Cu Chi tunnels tops off a highly enjoyable day of adventure and provides some historical context to much of what you will see in your time in Vietnam. The tunnels open to the public are fascinating and just a small sample of the immense network used by the Viet Cong to an unbeatable advantage during the US-Vietnam conflict.
- 7:30 am: Pick you up from your hotel to the boat pier, near Saigon bridge in Binh Thanh District
- Board the speed boat to Cu Chi district
- Have a light breakfast/ morning tea on the boat
- Arrive in Cu Chi after an hour, set up bikes and start the ride
- Ride around 30 km through small communities, heading to Cu Chi tunnels
- Have lunch
- End the bike ride at Cu Chi tunnels, then explore Cu Chi tunnels with a guide
- 4:00 pm: Drop you off at your hotel after an hour and a half drive by van
- Discounts for children age 15 and under with kid bikes available, please contact us
- Dress in comfortable clothes for biking with proper footwear
- Flip-flops and loose sandals not advised
- Sunscreen and hats are recommended
- 25-30 km riding on flat tracks and small roads, with some sections on small dirt trails
- Operates on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Speedboat transfer
- English-speaking, professional cycle and tour guides
- Top quality Merida & GT bikes
- Bike sizes for all ages, including kids
- Helmets meeting international standards
- Coffee or tea on boat
- Snacks and cold water in refillable bottles on cycle route
- Lunch at selected local restaurant
- Entrance fees
What's not included
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Personal expenses
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.