8 hours in total
Transports and lunch included
Pick up and drop off at your hotel
What To Expect
This Cu Chi Tunnels tour – the Historical site will include visiting an American weapons gallery, and later on even a bullet-riddled tank. Then you will be shown a variety of ingenious and rather brutal booby traps used by the Viet Cong. Cu Chi Tunnels also include secret entrances hidden by fake termite mounds and other creative disguises for you to discover.
Our knowledgeable guides will explain to you everything about the Cu Chi Tunnels from how the kitchens fed up to 10,000 fighters in tunnels (and how they disguised the smoke), to how they defended the tunnels from American bombs and infiltrators. You'll even see the huge crater formed by an American B52 bomber.
And of course, you'll be able to explore the 1-meter high tunnels themselves. These tunnels have been enlarged slightly, but it can still be a pretty claustrophobic experience – imagine living down there for months! Fortunately, there are regular that allow you to exit easily if you wish. Original, unchanged tunnels can also be explored, although this is certainly not for the faint-hearted!
At the end of the tour, there is a firing range that allows you to fire real war-era weapons including the M66 and AK47.
- 7:00 am: Early in the morning, your guide will meet you at your hotel's lobby and bring you by car to your boat at Tan Cang pier.
- 7:20 am: Then you will depart Saigon by speedboat. Within 15 minutes, the banks of the river change from city sprawl to lush jungle. A light breakfast of sandwiches or pastries, fresh tropical fruits and Vietnamese iced coffee (Cà phê sữa đá) is served, as your guide explains rural traditions and aspects of riverbank life.
- 8:50 am: You will arrive at the Cu Chi Tunnels site before the majority of larger bus tours arrive. Watch a brief introductory 'propaganda' video to the Cu Chi area.
- 9:00 am: Explore the tunnel site, which includes weapon and booby trap exhibitions, navigating authentic Viet Cong tunnel, visiting different underground bunkers (kitchens, meeting rooms, ammunition etc.), a firing range and much more. Try the local cassava root that sustained Viet Cong fighters for years.
- 11:00 am: Enjoy a delicious traditional Vietnamese lunch by the river, consisting of authentic fried spring rolls, chicken and beef dishes, and soup.
- 11:30 am: Say goodbye to Cu Chi Tunnel and return to Ho Chi Minh City.
- 01:00 pm: Arrive back at Tan Cang's pier. Les Rives staff will take you back to your hotel by car.
Please note that due to the individual nature of the tours, times are approximate and can vary slightly.
- Light breakfast & lunch
- Unlimited refreshments and local fruit
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Pickup and drop off at centrally located hotels.
What's not included
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Bullets at the shooting range (optional)
- Surcharge for halal meal options (if required)
Plan your trip
- Join a small group of maximum 12 people
- Instant confirmation
- Join group message after payment
- FREE cancellation - 48 hrs notice
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.