4 hours in total
Pick up at a meet-up point
What To Expect
The early Chinese have visited Singapore since the 12th century and the Chinese community accounts for the majority of the population. Since then, there have been 3 waves of this migration from China. The Chinatown of Singapore, sometimes known as “Bullock Cart Water”, was described in the 1823 Singapore Town Plan as “Chinese Town”. This neighborhood has evolved with the Chinese communities and kept up with the lifestyles of the Chinese diaspora in Singapore. Let's eat our way through the Chinatown district to discover how eating and cuisine is central to Singaporeans' lifestyle. Let me guide you through the process of sourcing, selecting and preparation of food while explaining the associated beliefs and meanings behind the dishes. In addition, we will learn about the land use planning process and of socialized housing programs.
- Sample over 10 dishes of popular Singaporean Chinese traditional and street foods.
- Culture, trades and crafts of the Chinese diaspora of Singapore
- Buddhism, Taoism & Confucianism practices. History of Chinatown. Land use and its development.
- Rental Assistance socialized housing programme.
- Raw produce in a “Wet Market”. Shophouse conservation.
- Singaporeana trivia.
- 09:30 am: Pick up from Chinatown MRT Station. Meet your local guide and start your best Chinatown food and walking tour.
- Chinatown Complex.
- Buddha Tooth Relic Temple.
- Banda Street.
- URA's City Gallery.
- Maxwell Hawker Centre.
- The tour is operated on Tuesdays only.
- Pick-up and drop-off at a designated meeting point
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- Food tastings
What's not included
- Other personal expenses
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
- Other food and drinks
- Entrance fees to places of entertainment
Plan your trip
- Join a small group of maximum 10 people
- Instant confirmation
- Join group message after payment
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximize your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.