4 hours in total
Dinner, transport included
Pick up at a meeting point
What To Expect
In the coolness of the evening in Chiang Mai, you will cycle the quiet back alleys of the old city to visit some of Chiang Mai's top landmarks. Chiang Mai's old city is serenely beautiful with illuminated temples, chanting monks, the ancient city wall, and colorful night markets.
On the way towards Chiang Mai's old city eastern gate, Thapae Gate, you will cycle the old city's quaint lanes. At this beautifully restored gate, we will learn about Chiang Mai's history as a trading hub.
The next stop is Wat Intakhin with its serene 700 hundred-year-old white Buddha and the Three Kings Monument where you will hear about Chiang Mai's found fathers.
Next, you will cycle to the city moat. Leaving the bikes by the side of the moat, you walk across to Wat Lok Molee with its beautifully illuminated stupa and ornate wooden prayer hall. At this time of day, you have a good chance of hearing the monks chanting their prayers.
The next stop is Chiang Mai's grandest monument - Wat Chedi Luang, which was built to house the ashes of a king and was once the home of the Emerald Buddha (now resident at Wat Phra Kaew in Bangkok). It is now the home of the City Pillar and 3 auspicious trees which provide protection to the city.
The last stop is a food tour of the Chiang Mai Gate Market. Walking through the market, your guide will point out the different types of street food available. After selecting some street food to sample, you will sit down with a drink with your guide and enjoy the night market atmosphere.
The bike tour ends with a street food tasting tour in the night market and we are usually back at Grasshopper Adventures shop by 10 pm.
All our trips are well researched for maximum safety and a great experience, so as much as possible we cycle back roads and alleyways to avoid the traffic and give you a personal experience of Chiang Mai's neighborhoods. Our guides are well-trained and extremely safety-conscious, and the team provides everything you need including top quality bikes, a professionally trained guide, bike lights and, in the very unlikely event you need it, insurance.
If you are looking for a unique experience in Chiang Mai, this is it!
- Pick up at a designated meeting point at 5:45 pm. Exact time and location will be confirmed after reservation.
- Cycle "Sabai, Sabai" to Tha Pae Gate. Learn about Chiang Mai's history as a trading hub.
- Visit Three Kings Monument and Wat Inthakin. Hear about Chiang Mai's found fathers.
- Walk across to Wat Lok Molee and hear the Buddhist monks chanting their prayers.
- Visit Wat Chedi Luang, is Chiang Mai's grandest monument and was once the home of the Emerald Buddha.
- Taste the local street food at Chiang Mai Gate market and enjoy the night market atmosphere.
- Bike back to the meeting point. The tour ends at around 10:00 pm.
- The tour is not operated on Sundays.
- This is a totally chilled out bike tour - easy, easy
Men and women need to cover their shoulders to enter temples and mosques. Women need to cover their knees as well, so if you like to wear shorts when riding, we recommend bringing a sarong to wear for entering a temple or mosque.
- Pick-up and drop-off at a meeting point in Chiang Mai downtown
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- Top quality, well-maintained Merida mountain bikes with a water bottle and helmet are provided
- Snacks and drinks
What's not included
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Other personal expenses
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.