4 hours in total
Entrance fees, transport included
Pick up at your hotel
What To Expect
This wonderful sightseeing tour will take you around Chiang Mai city for an up-close and personal look at some of its most notable temples, as well as stops at its old city walls, gates and moat, and a local markets to taste the authentic northern Thai food.
Depart from your hotel in central Chiang Mai, your local guide will take you to visit Wat Phrasing, which is a home to the beautiful Lai Kham Chapel with its exquisite woodcarving and northern style mural painting.
Leaving Wat Phrasing, you will arrive at the Wat Chiang Man, the city's oldest temple and famed for a Chedi supported by rows of elephantine buttresses.
Make a stop at the Wat Chedi Luang, which has been the most impressive temple in Chiang Mai because for a short time it housed the most important object in Thailand, the Emerald Buddha. The ordination hall located in the front is also an example of beautiful Lanna architecture with its serpents are probably one of the most remembered elements.
Before ending this half-day temples tour, follow your local guide to the Wat Suan Dok, which dates back to the 14th century when it served as the pleasure gardens to the Thai monarchy. Nowadays it houses several white Chedi's, containing the ashes of Chiang Mai's former Royal family. Explore the maze of Chiang Mai old temples and learn more about Thai's religious stories with your knowledgeable guide on this insightful experience!
- Pick up at your hotel in downtown. Meet your local guide and start your day exploring Chiang Mai's most sacred temples.
- Visit Wat Phrasing, a home to the beautiful Lai Kham Chapel.
- Visit the Wat Chiang Man, the city's oldest temples with a grand Chedi supported by rows of elephantine buttresses.
- Visit the Wat Chedi Luang, the most mysterious temple of Chiang Mai.
- Visit the Wat Suan Dok to learn more about the city's history, culture and religion.
- Transfer back to your hotel and conclude the tour.
- Dress code: no sleeveless shirts and wear comfortable walking shoes. Please bring your own hat, sunglasses, bottled water, etc. to prevent heat stroke.
- Tour time: twice a day (8:30 - 12:00 am or 1:30 - 5:00 pm).
- Available minimum 2 people.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in Chiang Mai downtown
- Air-conditioned transportation
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Admission fees to all attractions mentioned above
What's not included
- Food and drinks
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
- Other personal expenses
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximize your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.