12 hours in total
Pick up at a meet-up point
What To Expect
Your local guide will pick you up early morning and soon you'll be en-route to our Bush Capital, cruising the NSW Southern Highlands through typical small Australian country towns. We'll stop somewhere along the way so you can grab a coffee and stretch your legs before arriving at Canberra. We take a guided tour of Canberra Parliament House; an architectural masterpiece costing $1.1 billion. From the inner walls of power to walk on the roof, this is an amazing spot to explore.
We then take a break for lunch (own expense) before we spend two hours of free time at the National Museum of Australia. The modern National Museum of Australia is well-known for controversial expositions regarding key issues of Australia's social history, people, and events.
After your free time here, you'll rejoin the group for a visit of the Australian War Memorial. Time for reflection as you'll learn about the legends of Gallipoli, the ANZACs and sacrifices and losses suffered by Australians in past wars fought around the world. We then take a drive through Yarralumla, one of Canberra's largest suburbs for a close look at the many national embassies. Each embassy is uniquely designed to reflect aspects of their country's culture.
For the most memorable and enjoyable Canberra day tour from Sydney, book with us! We depart every Saturday, all year round and look forward to showing you the sights!
- 07:00 - 07:15 am: Pick up from a designated meeting point. Exact meeting location will be confirmed after reservation.
- Meet your local guide and start your day trip exploring Canberra.
- Visit the Canberra Parliament House, an architectural masterpiece costing $1.1 billion.
- Explore the National Museum of Australia, which is well-known for controversial expositions regarding key issues of Australia's social history, people, and events.
- Visit the Australian War Memorial.
- Drive through Yarralumla, one of Canberra's largest suburbs.
- 07:00 pm: Transfer back to Sydney and conclude the tour.
- This Canberra day trip is operated on Saturdays only.
- Pick-up and drop-off at a meeting point in central Sydney
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- Air-conditioned car
- Entrance fees
What's not included
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
Plan your trip
- Join a small group of maximum 10 people
- Instant confirmation
- Join group message after payment
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.