2 hours in total
Offered in English
Meetup at a desingated location
What To Expect
Ever since calligraphy was introduced to Vietnam by the Chinese as one of the many cultural exchanges that shaped Vietnamese culture, much has changed over history to adapt the art to better express the richness of the Vietnamese language. Its usage was historically confined to scholars and noblemen when the use of Han script was still prevalent, but today, the art has taken rooted itself in both modern Vietnamese calligraphy of the Chinese characters and its national language, Quoc-Ngu that originated from the French rule.
Despite the many changes, the essence of the art still remains true to the core. The elegance of brush strokes as they define each character is as appealing as art itself. What intrigues, even more, is how different characters gracefully harmonize to change the meaning of a word. The character that describes women, for instance, can mean 'peace' if the character for the roof is placed over it. Seeming abstract in nature, the art follows a rule that is both fascinating and exciting.
In this Experience, you will learn calligraphy in Vietnamese Language and/or English. Our host, a skilled artist, and a calligraphy master will take you back in time and present an art that is still revered and respected. Don't miss this chance to put your own strokes as you learn this ancient art.
- Gain Insights into the history of Vietnam's language & culture.
- Guided by a skilled artist & knowledgeable instructor.
- Learn the elegant styles of traditional writing.
- Introduction to the practice of creating Vietnamese script.
- The workshop is opened every day.
- Please choose one of these following class hours.
- 09:00 AM
- 10:00 AM
- 11:00 AM
- 12:00 PM
- 01:00 PM
- 02:00 PM
- Do not wear clothes that you wouldn't want paint accidentally drop on.
- Exact location will be confirmed after reservation.
- Professional English-speaking teacher
What's not included
- Pick-up and drop-off services
- 7% service fee
- Personal expenses
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximize your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.