12 hours in total
Food, transport included
Pick up at your hotel
What To Expect
This Bohol Countryside Tour from Cebu takes you on a memorable and insightful trip to Bohol's top attractions such as the world-famous Chocolate Hills, tap the cute tarsiers, the world's smallest primates and have an encounter with the area's biggest python. Visit various historical and cultural landmarks like the Blood Compact Shrine and Baclayon Church and cruise at Loboc River will also give you in-depth knowledge and amazing natural sceneries of Bohol.
After arriving at Bohol, make your first destination at Bohol's most popular attraction - the Chocolate Hills, which are not only two but more than 1,268 cone-shaped hills, spreading all over a large area of 50 square kilometers and vary in size from 30 meters to 120 meters in height. The Chocolate Hills appear to be seemingly endless when viewed from atop the hill in Carmen town. It is more majestic when viewed from a plane – them appearing to be thousands of molehills dotting out from verdant surroundings.
Leaving Chocolate Hills, take a short walk to Tarsier Encounter, where you can see up close native tarsiers living in the wild. These adorable tarsiers with giant eyes and immensely soft fur are nocturnal animals and they are practically inactive during the daytime. Usually, they sit in the same place the whole day, therefore, you have to be really patient to spot some active ones. Not only has the world's smallest primates, but Bohol is also a home to Prony, the largest python living in captivity at 23 feet long and weighs about 283kg. Grab this chance to meet Bohol's superstar!
Next, enjoy a guided bush walk into the Bohol Forest, which is a man-made mahogany forest stretching in a 2-kilometer with densely planted Mahogany trees that look like thousands of sentinels guarding the main roads. This man-made forest stands out because of the uniformity in height of the big trees, the spread of their branches, thickness, and shapes of leaves. Also, don't miss a chance walking through the impressive Bamboo Hanging bridge that crosses the upper scenic Loboc River in the town of Sevilla to get an aerial view of its natural sites.
At noon, board on a cruise at Loboc River, where you can enjoy a buffet lunch with various choices for authentic Phillippines cuisine served on a floating restaurant. Glide the river banks from one end to the other and take in all the amazing sceneries of Bohol.
After lunch, your local guide will take you to see some of the historical and cultural landmarks of Bohol including Blood Compact Shrine, Baclayon Church and St. Peter's Ruins Church. If the Bohol Blood Compact Site was made in honor of a very important event in the Phillippine history done between Miguel Lopez de Legazpi of Spain and Rajah Sikatuna of Bohol, the Baclayon Church, and St. Peter's Ruins Church are considered the oldest churches in the Phillippines. Follow your local expert to explore the island's longstanding history and culture.
Before leaving Bohol, make your last stop at the Butterfly Garden, where you can find hundreds of beautiful butterflies, natural trails and gardens with waterfalls and specialized plants that are served as feeding areas, plant farm, and breeding center for many species of butterflies and insects to come and live. Then get on our fast ferry from Tagbilaran Wharf to transfer back to Cebu and conclude your unforgettable day trip to Bohol with Inspitrip!
- 04:30 AM: Pick up from hotels in Mactan Island.
- 05:00 AM: Pick up from hotels in central Cebu city. Meet your local guide and start transferring to Bohol countryside.
- 08:00 AM: Arrival at Tagbilaran Wharf, Bohol and start your day exploring the highlights of Bohol.
- 08:30 AM: Visit the famous landmark of Bohol - Chocolate Hills, which are a geological formation in the Bohol province of the Philippines.
- 09:30 AM: Have Tarsier Viewing in captivity.
- 10:00 AM: Python encounter, the Phillippine's largest captive reticulated python.
- 10:30 AM: Visit Ecotourism Adventure Park, where you can enjoy zip line and cable car ride.
- 11:00 AM: Explore Bilar Mahogany Manmade Forest and see the Bamboo hanging bridge.
- 11:30 AM - 01:00 PM: Take the Loboc river cruise with authentic local lunch is served on board.
- 01:00 PM - 01:45 PM: See the Blood Compact Shrine.
- 01:45 PM - 02:30 PM: Travel though Baclayon Church, the oldest church in the Bohol.
- 02:30 PM - 03:00 PM: See St. Peter's ruins church.
- 03:00 PM - 03:30 PM: Visit Butterfly Sanctuary.
- 03:30 PM: Transfer back to Tagbilaran Wharf.
- 04:20 PM: Depart Tagbilaran for Cebu.
- 06:20 PM: Arrive at Cebu and conclude the tour at your hotel.
- Please wear appropriate clothes and comfortable walking shoes.
- Please bring your own bottled water, sunscreen, hat, insect repellent or other essential items.
- The itinerary is subject to change without prior notice due to weather condition.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in central Cebu city or Mactan Island
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- Round trip fast ferry tickets (Cebu - Tagbilaran - Cebu)
- Air-conditioned coach
- Loboc river cruise
- Buffet lunch at the Loboc floating restaurant
- Entrance fees
What's not included
- Other food and drinks
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses and tips
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximize your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.