4 hours in total
Snack, transport included
Pick up at a meeting point
What To Expect
On this tour, you're going to cycle the historic old city of Chiang Mai. An easy bike tour on the backstreets and small lanes inside the walls of Chiang Mai. The slow ride will give you an excellent opportunity to learn a bit about the long history and rich culture of Chiang Mai. This bike tour is good for families with young children.
On this biking tour, you will visit Wat Chiang Man, Chiang Mai's oldest temple, admire the 700-year-old White Buddha at Wat Intakin, cycle around Chiang Mai's iconic Wat Chedi Luang.
Wat Chedi Luang was built to house the ashes of a king and was once the home of the Emerald Buddha (now resident at Wat Phra Kaew in Bangkok). It is now the home of the City Pillar and 3 auspicious dipterocarp trees which provide protection to the city.
Then you will pedal by the city gate at Tha Phae, and wander the fruit and vegetable stalls of Somphet Market.
- 9:15: Pick you up at a designated meeting point. Exact time and location will be confirmed after reservation.
- Meander the small lanes throughout the old city to visit some of the main sights of old Chiang Mai.
- Visit the Phae gate, the entrance through which traders brought their wares into the city.
- Bike to a nearby Somphet market, wander through the market, learn about Chiang Mai food and taste tropical fruits and local delicacies.
- Visit Wat Chiang Man, Chiang Mai's oldest temple, where the ancient Marble and Crystal Buddha images are enshrined.
- Bike to the cosmological heart of Chiang Mai called the City Navel and visit Navel Temple with its serene 700 hundred-year-old white Buddha and the Three Kings Monument.
- Visit Wat Chedi Luang - Chiang Mai's grandest monument.
- Bike back to the meeting point and say goodbye to your local guide.
- This is a totally chilled out bike ride - easy, easy.
- The tropical sun can be quite fierce, so we recommend you use some sunblock or if you prefer a natural option, sun sleeves for your arms and Buff headwear for your neck.
- Men and women need to cover their shoulders to enter temples and mosques. Women need to cover their knees as well, so if you like to wear shorts when riding, we recommend bringing a sarong to wear for entering a temple or mosque.
- Pick-up and drop-off at a meeting point in Chiang Mai downtown
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- Top quality, well maintained Merida mountain bikes with a water bottle and helmet are provided
- Bottled water
What's not included
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
- Other personal expenses
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.