4 hours in total
Entrance fees, transport included
Pick up at a designated meeting point
What To Expect
Savor the Food — Taste your way through the old neighborhoods of Central and Sheung Wan. Along this 4-hour unique food tour, you will get to explore some of Hong Kong's most authentic local food and drinks as you stroll off the beaten path of Hong Kong's financial and commercial area. Our journey will take you to six family-run tasting locations, each has been specially selected not only to represent the best examples of Hong Kong cuisine but also for the unique and interesting stories behind them. At each location, you'll learn about the secrets behind what makes the selected tastings so special. All food and drink tastings are included in the ticket price.
Experience History, Architecture & Culture — Along with the food tour, your local guide will share countless fun facts about the neighborhoods, recount stories of Hong Kong's development and lead you to beautiful colonial architecture that still remains. As we meander from one tasting location to another, we will also walk through an open local market, watch how locals trade the products and if you're lucky, you might be able to sneak a peek of a cage of snakes in a shop selling snake soup and wine.
Pick up at a meeting point at around 2:15 pm. Meet your local guide and get some brief introductions of the tour. Exact time and location will be confirmed after reservation.
Delicious food specialties are served on the Central & Sheung Wan food tour (subject to change):
- Wonton Noodle Shop: A brother and sister team now runs this award-winning family restaurant started by their grandfather. Relish the wontons, noodles, and broth with intense flavor.
- Roast Meat Restaurant: Taste some succulent roast meat. Find out how the owner perfected roasting such juicy meat over the last 30 years.
- Fresh Juice Shop: Feeling a little tired? Sample some refreshing juice before continuing on our walk. Discover how the elements of this juice help balance the other tastings on the tour. This shop is one of the oldest shops in the neighborhood.
- Preserved Fruits Specialty House: This little gem has been serving Hong Kong for more than 100 years. It offers a huge array of traditional Chinese preserved fruits. Try various kinds and learn about their benefits.
- Dim Sum Corner: A truly family-run business, with brothers, sisters, in-laws, nephews, and nieces all pitching in. Savor a selection of dim sum and look out for others you could try when you return.
- Local Bakery: Check out this tiny bakery on a side alley. For dessert, sample one of the tarts hot out of the oven.
- Plus many other cultural, historical and architectural highlights.
- The tour will be closed for annual summer holiday starting on July 29th and will resume on Monday, August 27th.
- The tour is operated in Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays only.
- On certain days, some of the local restaurants might be closed. In these case, we will substitute in a very similar replacement.
- There is a lot of meat (mostly pork) and seafood (shrimp) in this tour. If you are unable to consume meat and seafood, we suggest you should choose other tours instead.
- All tours take place as scheduled except under Red/Black storm warning or Typhoon #8 or above.
- Pick up and drop off at a meeting point
- Public transportation
- Private English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Local delicacies
What's not included
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
- Other personal expenses
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximize your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.