5 hours in total
Meetup in Pranakorn
What To Expect
The tour will take you to hop into a three-wheeled tuk-tuk and putt-putt through the bustling capital of Thailand.
You then visit a fortress that recalls the greatness of Bangkok under King Rama I, and learn about the spiritual significance of amulets in Thai culture while you browse a market of religious curios. During the reign of King Rama III, the Golden Mount was constructed. A chedi was added to the top that caused the hill to collapse. Under King Rama IV a more permanent hill of clay and bricks was constructed, followed by the chedi that still stands today. Your guide leads you through the complex and up the 318 steps to the top of the Golden Mount, where you'll have a 360-degree view of Rattanakosin Island.
The Wat Phra Chetuphon temple features an enormous golden statue of the Buddha in repose, and the Phahurat Market provides a little taste of India in the heart of Thailand. The temple is the spiritual center of the Buddhist religion in Thailand and is distinguished by an enormous statue of the reclining Buddha. Wat Phra Chetuphon was the site of the country's first university and still houses a school where traditional Thai massage and medicine are taught. Follow your guide through this fascinating 17th-century temple complex and acquaint yourself with the local stories about one of the most fascinating parts of Bangkok. This temple is one of those places that should not be missed when you travel to Bangkok!
Tour the Wat Saket temple and climb to the top of the Golden Mount, where you'll have incredible photo opportunities.
- 8:30 am: Start to go to the Phra Sumer Fortress on Phra Arthit
- Proceed to the temple of Wat Saket, which sits at the bottom of an artificial hill named the Golden Mount
- Visit Phahurat Market, located in the heart of Bangkok's little India, where all varieties of fabrics, clothes, ornaments, and accessories are sold alongside delicious subcontinental snacks
- Visit Pak Klong Talad or the flower market
- Visit the temple of Wat Po (Wat Phra Chetupho)
- 1:30 pm: End the tour
- Meeting Point: Lobby of Nouvo City Hotel, 2 Samsen Rd, Soi 2, Pranakorn, Bangkok
- Ending Point: The tour ends at Wat Pho
- Children from 0 to 5 are not allowed for this tour
- Transportation in a Tuk-tuk
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
What's not included
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.