4 hours in total
Transport, entrance fees included
Pickup at your accommodation
What To Expect
Spend only half a day visiting the most important sights of Bangkok! This tour is the perfect introduction to Thailand, the Buddhist faith, and regal splendor and traditions. Though no longer the royal residence, the Grand Palace remains the symbol of the kingdom.
The Grand Palace is a royal palace constructed in 1782 by King Rama I, after the founding of the Chakri Dynasty. Royal leaders of the country stayed in the Grand Palace until 1925, when it was reserved for official events and only parts of the area were opened to the public. Since then, they have expanded the public visiting areas and tourists from all over the world mark the Grand Palace as their top attraction in Bangkok and marvel at its magnificent architecture.
The size of the Grand Palace is 218,400 sq. meters, with walls surrounding it's 1,900-sq. meter perimeter. The main point of interest within the Grand Palace is the royal chapel Wat Phra Kaew or the Temple of the Emerald Buddha. The temple is home to the most sacred image of Buddha in Thailand. The temple is intricately designed and is a fine representation of Bangkok's “City of Angels” name.
Book this tour now and learn more about the history of the two biggest attractions in Bangkok!
- 08:00 am: Depart from your hotel to Rattanakosin Island, the original area of Bangkok when it was first established as the capital over 200 years ago.
- Visit Wat Phra Kaew.
- Visit other areas within The Grand Palace including Royal Pantheon, Coronation Throne Hall, Royal Reception Hall, and Royal Funeral Hall.
- City-sightseeing tour along Ratchadumnoen Rd.(The Royal's Way). En route you can see many magnificent temples and architectural buildings, including the City Pillar Shrine, National Museum, Democracy Monument, Golden Mountain, Thai Boxing Stadium, Anantasamakhom Palace, Parliament House, Dusit Zoo and Chitlada Palace King's Residence.
- 12:00 pm: Arrive at your hotel.
- Wat Phra Kaew is Thailand's most sacred temple, so please do not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts and sandals. Please wear long pants or long skirt.
- Certain buildings in the Palace grounds are closed on Saturdays and Sundays
- All entrance fees
- Private transportation: air-conditioned car or minivan
- Pickup and drop-off at your place
- English-speaking local guide
Plan your trip
- Instant confirmation
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.