1 day in total
Transport, meals included
Pick up at your accommodation in Can Tho
What To Expect
Though you have to wake up early, a morning excursion on boat will be the highlight of your Mekong Delta trip. Arriving at the largest Cai Rang floating market by sampan, we tour around to capture all beautiful moments of local trader, starting their daily trading on boats. What a great time to explore the river life!
You also have a chance to enjoy Vietnamese coffee and fruit at the floating market on boat - one of amazing experience which will bring you close to local lifestyles. After breakfast, the boats follow the main river and turn into little canals for discovering Mekong Delta through narrow rivers, water coconut trees, and green environment. You then take a short walk for seeing the rice field and country environment. At a cacao plantation, you will learn how to make fresh cacao wine and chocolate from cacao beans in a traditional way. You also can taste one of the products here such as cacao milk, cacao wine, and chocolate bar.
At Tra Su forrest, you can immerse yourself in the wonderful nature of forest with green duckweed on the water's surface as well as flocks of birds that perch on cajuput together with other animals and fish. Firstly, we take the local speedy boat cruising along small channels then move to rowing sampan boat peacefully weaving in the middle of the forrest. From high tower overlooking the forrest, you can easily observe daily activities of beautiful creatures here.
- 5:00 am: Pick-up at the meeting point
- Arrive at the largest Cai Rang floating market by sampan
- Have breakfast on board at the floating market
- Take a short walk for seeing the rice field and stop at the cacao plantation to learn how to make fresh cacao wine and chocolate
- 9:30 am: Depart for Tra Su forrest by car
- 1:30 pm: Have lunch
- 2:00 pm: Depart for Can Tho
- 5:00 pm: Have dinner at a local restaurant, then drop you off at your hotel at around 6:00 pm
- English-speaking local guide
- Entrance fees & insurance
- Private boat & transportation
- Bird watching tower & binoculars
- Life jackets are available on boat
- Rain coats & preventive medicine bags
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Drink with mineral water, coffee, & snacks
What's not included
- Alcohol beverages
- Personal expenses
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum of 8 people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.