11 hours in total
Transports and lunch included
Pick up and drop off at your hotel
What To Expect
Travel to Agra on a day trip and immerse yourself into the religious history and spectacular architectures of the World Heritage-listed Sites in India. Spend your day exploring the iconic Taj Mahal, gain in-depth knowledge about the ancient town of Agra from your informative guide as well as watching the stunning sunset over famous monuments from Mehtab Bagh. This trip will surely make your time in Agra filled with unforgettable moments and insightful experiences!
Depart from your hotel in Delhi at around 6:30 to avoid heavy congestion of the morning. An early start will give you a chance to witness the sunrise over mountains along the way and breath in the fresh air of inactive Delhi. Meet your local guide as arriving at Agra and proceed to Taj Mahal.
The famous monument was built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan as a memorial for his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal. Take your time to admire this majestic architecture, and learn about the historical stories behind the Complex. The monuments will trigger your excitements by not only the true love of the King to his wife, but also the religious beliefs and cultural meanings of ancient Indian.
Next up, get to visit the palaces inside the Agra Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage site and a treasure house of Mughal Architecture. These 34 ha of red sandstone buildings date back to 1565 AD have seen many battles and undergone major renovations. You will witness the unique fusion of Hindu and Islamic influences on the architecture as you walk inside the fort. Your knowledgeable guide will introduce the functional differences of each building including the Pearl Fort, the Hall of Private and Public Audience, the Mirror Palace and more.
For your break, step into the downtown of Agra and have a decent lunch at a local restaurant. Traditional Indian cuisine will definitely delight your appetite with the harmonious combination of spices and herbs, fresh ingredients and a wide range of choices. After the meal, spend some time walking down the street to visit local markets, or simply to observe the lives of the locals.
Before getting back to Delhi, stop at Mehtab Bagh sunset point (or the Moonlight garden), where you will get the back view of Taj Mahal. Marveling at the marble mausoleum situated on the bank of dreamy Yamuna river at sunset will definitely give you once-in-a-lifetime experience!
Taj Mahal remains closed on Fridays
- Pickup from your hotel in the central Delhi
- Enjoy 3-hour drive to Agra
- Visit marble mausoleums of Taj Mahal
- Explore the antique beauty of red sandstone buildings in Agra Fort
- Discover the Mughal Empire of India
- Enjoy delicious lunch at a traditional restaurant
- Visit local markets and some city's highlights
- Marvel at the stunning sunset view at Mehtab Bagh
- Drive back to Delhi
- Drop off at your hotel in Delhi
- Taj Mahal remains closed on Fridays and VVIP's visit (around 3hrs)
- During VVIP's visit, the itinerary can be rearranged according to the operating hours of the monuments. You will receive notification priorly to the changes
- Pick up from your hotel in central Delhi
- Air-conditioned mini coach
- Private experienced local guide
- All entrance fees to the monuments
- Lunch at restaurant
What's not included
- Other personal expenses
- Any alcohols serving at lunch
Plan your trip
- All inclusive: No hidden costs
- Flexible itinerary to suit your preferences
- Skip the line: All entrance fees included
- Request now, pay later
- Free cancellation - 48 hours notice
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximize your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.