4 hours in total
Pick up at a meeting point
What To Expect
Khlong Lat Mayom is one of the three floating markets located close to Bangkok, no more than twenty kilometres from town and accessible by taxi from Wongwian Yai (the last BTS station on the Silom Line). Khlong Lat Mayom is nothing like the huge touristy Damnoen Saduak or the crowded Amphawa but really has the charm and authenticity of a local market and you might be one of the only foreigners around.
Strolling around the market, you'll see the local bustle and hustle and hop on a private boat which will take around the market on the canal. See first-hand the real Thai lifestyle as you listen to your host's stories. Don't miss out on the water lilies and their beautiful flowers!
It's time to enjoy the buzzing atmosphere of the market as your host shows you the local products, crafts, and food. Either you want to get gifts for your friends back home or simply indulge in all the goodies, it's a fun way of spending time like a local.
Follow your host as you see even more exciting parts of the market and get ready for a delicious treat. Enjoy a 3-course lunch including Janglon, grilled chicken and papaya salad and a coconut pudding as your dessert.
After lunch, you can explore the rest of the market as you ask your local host for more recommendations on how to get the best out of Bangkok.
Everybody love floating markets - Thai and tourists alike - you just have to see how locals flock to the place on weekends! Local market culture has deep roots in Thai daily life and eating out is not a special event as it is in western culture: it's fun, cheap and casual. Do as the locals do and enjoy the weekend floating market with a boat ride and lunch included!
- 9:00 am: Meet your local host at Bangwah BTS station Exit 1 and take a taxi to the market
- Set foot in the market and enjoy the local atmosphere
- Go on a boat trip and explore the local way of living
- Explore the Klong Lad mayom floating market and learn about local dishes and food ingredients in the market
- Check out different food stalls and choose dishes you feel most interested in
- Sit down and enjoy all the fresh goodies you just picked
- 1:00 pm: Take a taxi to Bangwah BTS station and say goodbye to your host
- English-speaking guide
- 3-course lunch
What's not included
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off service
- Personal expenses
Plan your trip
- Join a small group of maximum 6 people
- Instant confirmation
- Join group message after payment
- Free cancellation - 48 hrs notice
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.