2 days in total
Offered in English
Lunch, transportation included
The private driver will pick you up from your preferred location in the city center. The journey is about 90 minutes from Ho Chi Minh City.
Day 1: Local homestay experience in Cai Lậy Commune:
- Visit wild and intact natural spots which have not been exploited as tourist attractions.
- See how the locals work and have their daily life along with them
- Watch their daily job, cook and enjoy their food with them. Especially you'll make your own pancakes and sweets.
- Paddle a small canal-river along the countryside, then ride a bike around the small town and walk on a ” monkey bridge ” to cross to another side. Immerse yourselves in the middle of a rice paddy field to see how crops are grown and harvest.
- Try going fishing by using the local fishing net.
- Visit the daily Market to see how the local market works. Cai Lậy is only about 80-100km away from HCM city so it is perfect for a short 1-2 hours of driving there (depends on traffics condition) and close to Cái Bè Commune.
- Stop by Chocolate Factory as well for some free samples of Chocolate made and extracted from Cocoa Beans, you can buy some as gifts and souvenirs and be the first of many visitors who want to know more about Chocolate industry. ! No extra charges!
Day 2: Floating market in Cái Bè Commune
- Enjoy your morning breakfast at the eco-lodge then take a boat ride to enjoy the scenic views along Mekong River, heading straight for Cái Bè Floating Market.
- Enjoy honey tea and observe the process of making coconut candy, and other local sweets and food
- Taste some snake wine
- Watch how rice paper and pop rice is made
- Ride sampan boat and head straight to the tropical fruit garden
- Enjoy ”Đờn Ca Tài Tử”, a traditional local music
- Back to the eco-lodge, pack up and back to the City.
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum of 8 people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximizes your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.