13 hours in total
Pick up in central Melbourne
What To Expect
The Great Ocean Road traverses over 200 km of spectacular coastline with jaw-dropping ocean views and ancient rainforests.
Spend the day with our experienced local guide to discover some of the wildest spots, take a stroll to find wild koalas, and join in a guided walk through the rainforest surrounded by giant mountain ash trees.
This one day Great Ocean Road Rainforest Walk tour includes a visit to the iconic rock formations known as the 12 Apostles as well as time to explore other beautiful beaches and walks.
- Depart from the meeting point at around 8:00 am. Exact time and location will be confirmed after reservation.
- Enjoy the morning tea or coffee at a picturesque stop on your way to Great Ocean Road.
- Take some pictures at the historic Great Ocean Road Memorial Arch.
- Beach walks: Go for a stroll along one of the beautiful beaches and get some sand between your toes.
- Lorne & Anglesea: Enjoy beautiful views as we drive through some popular seaside resort towns.
- Coastal views: Experience world-class coastal views as we wind our way along the Great Ocean Road.
- Wild koalas and wildlife viewing: Go for a pleasant walk through the coastal town of Kennett River, see how many Koalas you can find! Get up close and personal with the friendly beautiful birds; Parrots, Lorikeets and look out for the famous Kookaburra.
- Delicious lunch: Enjoy a delicious lunch as we stop in the seaside town of Apollo Bay.
- Otways rainforest: Take a guided bushwalk through this very rare, ancient, cool temperate rainforest. At the Otways rainforest, you'll feel dwarfed as you stroll past some of the tallest trees in the world.
- 12 Apostles: View the beautiful limestone stacks that form the mighty 12 Apostles.
- Loch Ard Gorge: Find yourself surrounded by towering limestone cliffs, take a walk along the beach, view the Archway, the Razorback and Dumpling Pots. Hear the history, romance, and heartbreak as our guides re-tell the tale of Loch Ard Gorge, Australia's most famous shipwreck!
- London Bridge or Gibson Steps: Enjoy a short walk to one of these spectacular rock formations known as the London Bridge.
- The tour ends around 9:00 p.m.
- Please bring your own water bottle, hat, sunscreen, comfortable walking shoes, warm and cool clothing, rain jacket, camera and a sense of adventure!
- Pick-up and drop-off at a designated meeting point in central Melbourne
- English-speaking guide
- Air-conditioned coach
- Morning tea & coffee
- Park entrance tickets
- Wildlife spotting
What's not included
- Other activities not mentioned in the program
- Travel insurance
Plan your trip
Still have question?
How do I book on Inspitrip?
- Small group tour: operates with a maximum number of people. If you like to make new friends, this is a great option. You would pay for the trip to confirm your slot, then join a chat group with your local guide as well as fellow travel buddies, everything would be on Inspitrip. Get to know them!
- Private tour: maximize your privacy and allows you to freely customize the itinerary. First, request to communicate any specific needs you may have, wait a couple minutes for these requests to be confirmed, and then you can proceed to payment.