Feedback and Payment Process
Normally, payment will be released once the traveller and local insider submit reviews for each other. If one or both sides don't submit their reviews, payment will be released 07 days after the tour finishes. In case of negative feedback, we will jump in and assess the situation, depending on what we find out from and agree with both sides, payment can be sent to the local insider or refunded to the traveller, fully or partially.
Cancellation and Refund policies
Users may cancel their booking up until 48 hours before 12.00am local time of the date of the service. An amount equivalent to the booking fee will be retained by us in this situation. All other monies collected will be refunded within a commercially reasonable time. Without the required notice Inspitrip will not reimburse for the purchase and retain 100% of the monies already collected. All cancellation requests are required to be made in writing and sent to the relevant email address. All cancellation requests shall be reviewed by us and users involved will be informed of the outcome by email.
|You are…||Scenarios||Status of booking|
|Accepted||Confirmed (payment submitted)|
|less than 7 days||more than 7 days|
|Traveller||if you cancel||No actions needed. Just continue to send request to other local insiders. You may inform the accepted local insider if you wish.||The tour fee will NOT be refunded. We will give you credits valued at 50% of your tour fee. You can use this credit to redeem your next booking.||We will refund 50% of the tour fee|
|if your local insider cancels||No action needed. Please can proceed with other local insiders or send new requests.|
|Local insider||if your traveller cancels the booking||N/A||You will receive 20% of the tour fee for your effort.|
|if you cancel||You will receive 01 warning from our site. If you have 03 warnings, your profile will be automatically removed from our page. You will be ranked lower in the search page and requests distribution list.|
Exemptions from cancellation penalties:
- Documents written by travellers to forgo the penalties
- Death in the family
- Serious illness or serious illness in the family
- Natural disaster in the country
- Political unrest in the country
- Accidents that directly affect the ability to host
- If local insider proposes to change the date for an accepted or confirmed request:
If traveller accepts the change, traveller and guide may make new arrangements with the traveller and contact us if changes in the system is required. For example, traveller may send a new request to you on the new date.
If traveller rejects the change and local insider cannot provide the tour, local insider needs to cancel the tour. Please refer to cancellation policies for local insider [above].
- If traveller proposes to change the date for an accepted booking, please notify the local insider of the change.
If the local insider accepts the change, traveller may send a new request to local insider on the new date.
If the local insider rejects the change, traveller may send new requests to other local insiders with the new dates.
- If traveller proposes to change the date for a confirmed booking (*)
If the local insider accepts the change, traveller and guide may make new arrangements with the traveller and contact us if changes in the system is required. Local insider is obliged to provide the tour on the new dates.
If local insider rejects the change:
- The company will, to the best of its ability, arrange for another local insider to take their place. In this event, an additional booking fee will not be required; however, the traveller may be subjected to additional fees if the new local insider charges a higher rate. In the event the new guide charges a lower fee, the difference will not be paid out and the existing payment will stand.
- Pre-selected local insider will receive 20% of the tour fee for their effort either to their Inspitrip wallet or to their PayPal account.
|If traveller wants to change the date||Local insider accepts||Traveller may send a new request to the same local insider with the new dates.||Traveller and insider may make new arrangments with the traveller and contact us if needed. Local insider is obliged to provide the tour on the new dates.|
|Local insider denies||Traveller may send new requests to other local insiders with the new dates.||Company will help find another local insider. Pre-selected local insider will receive 20% of tour fee for their effort.|
|If local insider want to change the date||Traveller accepts||Traveller and guide may make new arrangements. Contact us if needed.|
|Traveller denies||If local insider cannot provide the tour, local insider needs to cancel the tour. Please refer to our cancellation policies for local insider above.|
(*) The number of hours of the new dates has to be more or equal to the number of hours in original bookings.
Change the local insider:
- Please inform the website immediately
- We will recommend other available guides. However, it will depend on their availability.
- Traveller will have to pay new tour fee
- No booking fee charged
- Previous tour fee normally will not be refunded as the pre-selected local insider has already taken time off for the trip. However, traveller may contact us; we will open a dispute and freeze the tour fee paying to the local insider and reimburse part of the amount to traveller. We will use reasonable effort to ensure traveller are satisfied with the resolution.
Extend a booking
Traveller can extend a booking with the current guide anytime by amending current bookings to extend the dates (subject to the availability of your guide). Contact us if needed.
In the event a traveller is unable to arrive in a timely manner at the preordained time and destination, they will be considered as absent. Absences are not subject to reimbursement, regardless of the reason for the absence.
In the event the tour guide does not show up at the preordained time, the traveller may choose between a rescheduling of the tour or a full refund of all monies paid. In this event, Inspitrip is not responsible for any incidental or further expenses you may have incurred due to your reliance on the service being provided at that particular time.
Full tour fee normally will not be refunded as your original local insider has already taken time off for your trip. However, you should contact us; we will open a dispute and freeze the tour fee paying to the local insider and reimburse part of the amount to you. We will use reasonable effort to ensure you satisfy with the resolution.